Soil Health Academy Scholarship Program
Through its in-person and online course offerings, the Soil Health Academy is helping farmers first understand and then successfully apply nature’s time-proven, regenerative agriculture principles in order to grow healthier soil, food, farms and communities. Thanks to the support of several businesses, organizations and individual donors, SHA has established multiple scholarship funds to offset the costs of these educational offerings for targeted groups and individuals.
Read the tuition assistance/scholarship fund overviews below to see which would be most appropriate for you. Because you may be eligible for more than one, you can apply for multiple programs by simply checking the appropriate fund boxes on the application page. It’s simple and easy.
The SHA Scholarship
We encourage anyone with interest to apply. If you want to attend one of our 3-day events, you are eligible for tuition assistance and we encourage you to apply. In addition we will be giving special consideration to the following:
- Next-generation family farmers and ranchers who have parents who are involved in agriculture
- Students, interns, and beginning farmers who are keenly interested in a career in regenerative agriculture
- Military veterans currently involved in agriculture or who are interested in becoming involved in regenerative agriculture. Must be a former or active member of the U.S. military to apply for this category
- Educators with a desire to provide regenerative agricultural instruction to the next generation of farmers, ranchers or agriculture professionals. Applicants may include USDA, NRCS, Extension and other USDA personnel, Ag Consultants, state conservation/ag agency personnel, and non-profit organization (NGO) personnel
- Families and Farms that want to send more than one person
- Minority, tribal, women, and historically underserved individuals who are currently involved in agriculture or who have an interest in go down this path
The David & Kendra Brandt SHA Scholarship
Soil health and regenerative agriculture pioneer, Kendra Brandt, alongside her husband David Brandt, raised their children with respect and honor, were vital members of their community and beyond, and dedicated their lives to helping others regenerate our soils, our ecosystems and ultimately our health.
In memory of David & Kendra Brandt, the Soil Health Academy now offers tuition assistance to qualifying women and/or new and beginning farmers who are committed to growing the regenerative agriculture movement by implementing regenerative principles in their own operations or through regenerative agriculture education, outreach or policy advocacy.
The David & Kendra Brandt Scholarships provide partial tuition funding for recipients to attend a three-day SHA regenerative ag school and will be awarded based on the applicant’s brief narrative describing how she/he intends to advance the cause of regenerative agriculture on her/his farm and community, if selected to receive the scholarship.
Past SHA Student Scholarship
We believe that it is important to continue learning and networking, so we have put together a scholarship program for our past students that want to come back to learn more.
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must have attended a three-day Soil Health Academy in the past.
"Thanks to the scholarship I was able to attend the school and because of that I am confident about ranching without harming the environment and being more profitable. Recently, I leased a ranch where I am going to practice everything I learned. I hope that my neighbors can copy what I’ve learned so many people can do the same regenerating soils.”
~ Andres Gallego, Colombia, South America