Soil Health Academy Scholarship Program
Scholarship application deadline is 45 days prior each school.
Scholarship recipients will be notified 30-45 days prior to the school.
The primary goal of the Soil Health Academy Scholarship Program is to inspire, educate, and equip both current and future generations of regenerative farmers, ranchers, and educators by providing scholarships to subsidize their tuition to attend a Soil Health Academy.
The scholarship program is supported through generous donations.
The Soil Health Academy Scholarship Program is available for the following groups of individuals:
- Beginning Farmers or Ranchers
- Student/Intern/Young Farmer/Rancher
- Military Veteran Farmers/Ranchers
- Agricultural Educators/Influencers - Institution, Agency, NGO, Ag Consultants, and others
Those eligible to apply for these awards are:
- Next-generation family farmers and ranchers who have parents who are involved in agriculture
- Students, interns, and beginning farmers who are keenly interested in a career in regenerative agriculture
- Farmers who are military veterans currently involved in agriculture or who are interested in becoming involved in regenerative agriculture. Must be a former or active member of the U.S. military to apply for this category
- Educators with a desire to provide regenerative agricultural instruction to the next generation of farmers, ranchers or agriculture professionals. Applicants may include USDA, NRCS, Extension and other USDA personnel, Ag Consultants, state conservation/ag agency personnel, and non-profit organization (NGO) personnel
"Thanks to the scholarship I was able to attend the school and because of that I am confident about ranching without harming the environment and being more profitable. Recently, I leased a ranch where I am going to practice everything I learned. I hope that my neighbors can copy what I’ve learned so many people can do the same regenerating soils.”
~ Andres Gallego, Colombia, South America
The Kendra Brandt SHA Scholarship
Soil health and regenerative agriculture pioneer, Kendra Brandt, alongside her husband David Brandt, raised their children with respect and honor, were vital members of their community and beyond, and dedicated their lives to helping others regenerate our soils, our ecosystems and ultimately our health. In memory of Kendra Brandt, the Soil Health Academy now offers scholarships to qualifying women and/or new and beginning farmers who are committed to growing the regenerative agriculture movement by implementing regenerative principles in their own operations or through regenerative agriculture education, outreach or policy advocacy. Kendra Brandt Scholarships provide partial tuition funding for recipients to attend a three-day SHA regenerative ag school and will be awarded based on the applicant’s brief narrative describing how she/he intends to advance the cause of regenerative agriculture on her/his farm and community, if selected to receive the scholarship.
Ducks Unlimited Scholarship
Ducks Unlimited is offering 33 scholarships of $750 each to South Dakota ranchers, farmers, or land owners. The deadline to apply for the Scholarship is June 30, 2021