About the Farm
Sweeten Farms LLC
In the spring of 2015 Jeremy and Michelle Sweeten moved their family and farm from northern Indiana
to northern Michigan. This began their journey with regenerative agriculture. The Sweetens raise 65-80
cow/calf pairs of fall calving red and black angus cattle on grass. They utilize adaptive grazing and bale
grazing to regenerate the soil on their farm. The Sweetens welcome you to their farm in September of
Come for a visit and enjoy the early fall weather while learning how to make grazing pay in a northern environment.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone that wants to take their ranch to the next level. This course will examine all aspects of regenerative ranching, soil health, plant health, and animal health. Hands-on experience will be heavily emphasized.
This is a power-packed three days that will change your ranch. It is taught by highly experienced regenerative ranchers.
Participants will be participating in adaptive grazing practices. The class will be limited to 50 registrants, so don't wait until the last minute to register!
What You Will Learn
- The Power of Observation
- How to Restore Vibrant Ecosystems through Adaptive Grazing
- Selecting cattle to fit their environment and be low maintenance
- Develop cattle to perform and finish on forage
- Added pasture diversity, yield, and quality through adaptive grazing
- Use of bale grazing to regenerate soils
- Reduce inputs to improve profitability
- Build a more resilient ecosystem on your farm
September 10-12, 2024
Tuition of $1,375 includes:
• Regen Ag 101 course ($499.00 value), which we would like you to complete prior to the first day of class;
• In-person attendance at the SHA school, as well as course materials, snacks, water and lunch each day; and
• Access to future scheduled conference calls with the instructors.
• Lunch, water and snacks.
Scholarship Money Available
We are committed to helping you finance this educational experience. We encourage anyone with interest to apply. If you want to attend one of our 3-day events, you are eligible for a scholarship. Our scholarships for this school were made possible by a donation from Michigan State University.
In addition we will be giving special consideration to the following:
- Families or farms with more than one person attending
- Past SHA students
- Agricultural educators and influencers
- Minority, tribal, women and historically underserved individuals
Classroom and Farm Location
12248 S Bound Rd
Google thinks the address is Rudyard, MI
We have a block of rooms reserved at a discounted price of $142.78/night under "Soil Health Academy". There is also a RV park at this location.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino
11386 West Lakeshore Drive
Brimley, MI 49715
Chippewa County International Airport (CIU)
5315 W Airport Dr
Kincheloe, MI 49788
Quik Cab LLC - (906) 748-4558
Soo Line Limo - (906) 440-5161